Monday, December 1, 2008

Get More Serious!!

AHH!!~ National Team selection cam sial jer semalam (ahad,30 nov 2008) register start kul 7.30,test start kul 8.00pm....uhh...basic skating,puck handling,stamina.....itu yang dorang test untuk tahun ni.....tak macam tahun lepas...ader test untuk positioning lam game...judge pon bertambah 2 orang....huh....

I Give My Best for the selection although I know I won't be selected for the team....

Selection test
1st: Skate...
Forward stride and backward stride
balancing
Acceleration and stopping
Switching forward to backward skating and hockey gliding
Crossing over forward and backward

This is my best thing to do I guess because I like to skate and I find it quite easy..hmm , but i forgot to sharpen my skate...lol....

2nd:puck handling
Full arm extention
Puck handling through small cones
Puck handling through big cone(hockey gliding)

Stick/Puck handling is my worst thing I've ever do as I play as defenceman and i didn't get much time to hold the puck and play with it.Everytime I get the puck (in game) the coach just love to yell at me "Get it off your stick!!","Pass it, pass it!!"

3rd:Shooting
Wrist Shot (Drag for Field hockey)
Snap Shot (Tap for Field hockey
Slap Shot (Hit for Field hockey)
Backhand Shot (same for Field hockey)

Well, This time around I satisfied with myself as I see improvement in strength...not accuracy..My technic is much better than last year

4th:Stamina, Timing and Fatigue (also determination I think)
The last and the most tiring of all test...

they record your time and torture your until you're half dead and then they ask you to do it again for 2 more times....God!! I love and I hate this drill/test...
I managed to maintain my overall speed..1st 2 sets i got 2nd place and the last set I got 1st place which it isnt bad at all...


Overall summary.....aku tulis dlm bahaser omputeh sebab br habes kelas inggeris

No comments: